"...Words bounce. Words, if you let them, will do what they want to do and what they have to do." -Anne Carson, Autobiography of Red
Luna Eclipse of Luna Eclipse Modeling pictured above. This is one photograph in a series based off my poem, "b'shert," which is featured in both Flights and IMIRAGEmagazine.
In this section, viewers will find my bibliography as well as selections of my previously published creative work, ranging from poetry to short fiction.
Selected Editing Credits:
- Second place in University of Cincinnati's Nonfiction Literary Prize for memoir, "MAKETA."
- Second place in The League for Innovation Student Writing Awards 2016 as their national Fiction Recipient for short story, "Noticed."
- Gary Mitchner Prize for Formal Poetry, 2016 Recipient for sonnet, "Object Permanence: Under Construction."
- The League for Innovation Student Writing Awards, 2016 local Fiction Recipient for short story, "Noticed."
- The Sinclair Community College Spectrum Awards for Excellence in Student Writing, 2016 Creative Writing category for mock query package for unpublished novel, FINE.
- The Sinclair Community College Legacy Award for an English Major, sole 2016 Recipient.
- "Bloody Blanchett," 50-Word Stories, April 2019.
- "A Series of Vignettes," IMIRAGEmagazine: Fairy Dreams, August 2017.
- "Noticed," League for Innovation, Winners Anthology: Even the Dirt Keeps Breathing, 2016.
- "Outgrowth," Jazzy Magazine: Mystique. Vol. 16, January 2018.
- "Dikhotomia," Gotico Magazine: Isterismo #1, December 2017.
- "Orientation," Red Cedar Review, May 2017.
- "THE TRUTH OF LEONID AFREMOV," Red Cedar Review, May 2017.
- "b'shert," IMIRAGEmagazine: Ray of Light #4, March 2017.
- "Seabound," IMIRAGEmagazine: Express Yourself #2, February 2017.
- "Freedom," IMIRAGEmagazine: Express Yourself #2, February 2017.
- "Beholden," IMIRAGEmagazine: Express Yourself #2, February 2017.
- "Caution," IMIRAGEmagazine: Express Yourself #2, February 2017.
- "Sea-sync," IMIRAGEmagazine: Express Yourself #2, February 2017.
- "Eternal Temporal Tantrums," The Horror Zine: Spring 2017, December 2016.
- "Masks," The Horror Zine: Spring 2017, December 2016.
- "Inescapable Introspection," The Horror Zine: Spring 2017, December 2016.
- "Mon Coeur Mort," The Horror Zine: Spring 2017, December 2016.
- "ARS POETICA," Flights, August 2016.
- "b’shert," Flights, August 2016.
- "Time," The Clarion, March 2016.
- "Courageously Creative: Autumn Lala." Interview. HerCampus, April 2017.
- "Wrong, or Write?" series, 1-12, Odyssey, 2016-17.
- "2014 Graphic Arts now EIC at UC." Interview. Warren County Career Center Alumna, January 2017.
Selected Editing Credits:
- Koste, Danielle. What the Flower Says of Death. Lightning Source UK Ltd., September 2018.
- Koste, Danielle. Pulse. Lightning Source UK Ltd., January 2018.
- "Risks Worth Taking," 2018 Spectrum Writing Awards, Sinclair Community College. April 16th, 2018.
- "ePortfolio Presentation," "What Can I Do With an English Major?" Student Event, University of Cincinnati. November 6, 2017.
- "Flights Poems," Flights Contributor Reading, Sinclair Community College. October 20, 2016.
- "Selected Poems Reading and Speech," Liberal Arts and Social Sciences Student Showcase, Sinclair Community College. April 19, 2016.
- "Awards Acceptance Speech," 2015-2016 Spectrum Writing Awards, Sinclair Community College. April 11, 2016.
- "Selected Poems," 2015 Liberal Arts Career Fair, Sinclair Community College. November 10, 2015.
My short story "Noticed" first appeared at Sinclair Community College's 2016 Spectrum Awards, where it was nominated by past professor Tim Waggoner for the local League for Innovation Student Writing Award in the Creative Writing Category. The short story won and advanced to the national competition, placing second; later that same year, in the fall, "Noticed" was published in the League for Innovation's 2016 winners anthology, "Even the Dirt Keeps Breathing."
"Time" was published in Volume 39, Issue 23 of The Clarion.
"Thorns" was published on my Facebook Writer's page as the October 5th, 2016 Word Wednesday, in which people submit a word or phrase, and I write a poem incorporating as many, or all, of them.
"Caution" was published alongside five other poems for a spread of mermaid-themed photographs in the March edition of IMIRAGEmagazine. This publication was the direct result of a collaboration with the talented alternative model, Luna Eclipse.
"Outgrowth" was published alongside a set of photographs in Jazzy Magazine in January 2018. This publication was also the direct result of a collaboration with Luna Eclipse.
"ARS POETICA" was published in the 2016 edition of Flights.
"Inescapable Introspection" was published in The Horror Zine's 2017 Spring Edition and additionally featured in their 2017 February e-zine.
"Orientation," was published in the May 2017 edition of The Cedar Review.